- Anxiety and Depression
- Addiction and Compulsive Behavior
- Fears and Phobias
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Abuse (emotional, physical, sexual)
- Eating Disorders and Body Image
- Loss and Grief
- Stress and Feeling Overwhelmed
- Chronic Pain
- Women’s Issues
- Community and Group Work
- Holistic Counseling (Mind, Body, Spirit Connection)
- Somatic Therapy
- Self-Esteem and Life Coaching
- Behavior Modification
- Nutrition and Fitness Counseling
- Chakra Alignment
- Energy Healing
- Cranial-Sacral Therapy
- Meditation and Mindfulness
- Couples Counseling
- Group Counseling
- Community Building
- Aromatherapy and Healing Touch
Somatic Therapy is a holistically oriented therapy integrating the mental, physical and spiritual aspects within each of us. Somatic Therapy helps us tune into breathing patterns, physical sensations (discomforts and limitations), and supports the development of greater awareness of the connections between mind and body.
Whenever pain or trauma is experienced, we carry not only the mental memory and feelings connected with that experience, we remember it physically as well. This is called a “body memory.” Areas of discomfort in the body indicate that you are in some way holding on to something.
Healing begins as awareness grows and we begin to articulate memories of events that have left us stunted or stuck. The communication of experience between the body and mind allows for a greater understanding of the depth of the issue and enables movement towards increased health and wellbeing.
Somatic therapy achieves this by exploring your presenting challenge and looking at the connection between the narrative and history behind it. With this evolving awareness, it may be appropriate to use integrative bodywork to further examine memories stored in the body. This may also include exploring any existing injury or emotionally based trauma.
A gentle, peaceful, relaxing process that is very similar to being in a deep meditative state. Hypnotherapy is powerful and effective in reducing and even eliminating stress, anxiety, depression, unresolved grief and resentment. It is also very effective with healing trauma and abuse. Hypnotherapy can dispel self-sabotaging beliefs and replace with beliefs that serve and support self-worth, self-esteem and self-care. Other uses for Hypnotherapy include reducing or eliminating debilitating fears, phobias & addictive behaviors, increasing motivation, building confidence, improving study habits, test taking and pain management.
- Intuitive Healing
- Energy Clearing
- Chakra Balancing & Healing
- Quantum Touch
- Meridian Healing
- Discussion of Benefits of Meditation Practice
- Introducing Various Forms of Meditation (Basic, Focused, Mindfulness)
- Guided Meditation
- Meditation Practice
Fitness and Nutrition Coaching
- Direction and support in the development and discipline of a routine physical fitness plan. (Provided on individual or group basis)
- Utilization of nutritional assessments and expanding discussion of eating habits and choices to develop an optimal nutritional plan that addresses your dietary needs.
- For those requiring additional guidance and support, assistance with food shopping, meal planning and accountability can be provided.